Monday, July 9, 2012

Emma Stone Zombieland

About a week ago, I had a chance to see the newest blockbuster comedy/horror film "Zombieland." Was it good? Was it bad? The anticipation for this film's release was pretty big and it definitely stirred up some buzz. The casting is the first thing I'd like to bring up. The film stars Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. The selling point to this movie is no doubt Woody because I feel that without his name attached, it would not have done as well as it did. Woody is cast as a gun-totting cowboy who's only goal in life is to find the world's last remaining twinkie. Basically every moment with him in it is hilarious and never lets up.

Jesse Eisenberg was alright but the entire time I was watching him, I just kept picturing someone better in the role like Michael Cera for example. Emma and Abigail just kind of annoyed me but I guess with every film nowadays has to have some sort of love interest and Emma Stone fills that role. She is a beautiful actress so it's definitely a pleasure to see her on screen and for the most part, her acting is quite tolerable as well.

Anyway, as far as the plot is concerned it's pretty basic. Woody wants his twinkie, Jesse wants to see his parents, and the two girls wish to go to Pacific Playland so Emma can give her little sister a good time. What follows is one hell of a ride and from start to finish, I was not bored at all. There is even a cameo by a big name actor half way in the movie which had my sides aching with laughter the entire time.

One big thing I'd like to mention! The movie opens to a slow-mo montage set to "For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallic and I don't think I have ever seen an audience cheer as much as they did when that sequence started. Clapping, whistling, and cheering filled the room and I was genuinely pumped up. No movie in recent memory has done that for me.

If you are a fan of zombie movies, comedies, horror, and/or stupid fun, you will definitely enjoy this film. Do not go into it expecting Academy Award worthy acting or a hard-hitting story of passion because you will be disappointed. It's a straight forward action/comedy and for what it is, it does it brilliantly. It is easily well worth the price of admission and I am looking forward to it's release on Blu-Ray. Go see it! You will NOT be disappointed!









No comments:

Post a Comment